Saturday, October 26, 2019

What I Was Up To This Week

Hi everyone.

I know that I've mentioned on my Facebook timeline that I've been pretty busy this week.  Things weren't insanely busy until Wednesday, but I'll proceed in chronological order anyways.

On Monday, before I attempted to get ready for the OSU Trunk or Treat, I did watch The Boy Who Cried Werewolf.  Not the 1973 horror film, but the 2010 Nickelodeon made for TV kids/family horror comedy staring Victoria Justice.  Of note is that the film was filmed in Vancouver in early 2009 (between production of Zoey 101 and Victorious), and was filmed at the same time that The Twilight Saga: New Moon was filmed in the same area.  This resulted in Victoria being shipped with Taylor Lautner (who played Jacob in the Twilight films) and lead to rumors that they were dating.  Victoria and Taylor knew each other for years since Victoria tried to audition for Shark Boy and Lava Girl, and have been friends since--and only that, as both of them openly admitted shortly after the rumors started to fly.  Also interestingly, Victoria is back in Vancouver as I'm writing this working on filming an episode of the Sam Reimi series 50 States of Fright.

Anyways, enough about the trivia and VJ's first run in with internet tabloid journalism.  The film was pretty good for being basically a kids/family film.  It was certainly better than Sony Picture's 2018 master piece of crap Slender Man.   Some episodes of Victorious were scarier than Slender Man.  Of course, I adore Victoria Justice, so I may be a bit biased.  But I do find her to be a pretty good actress after I watched some episodes of Eye Candy a few years back and that was the first major thing she worked on that wasn't a Nickelodeon teen/family sitcom-type deal or a rom-com film.  Also, she's IMO an amazing singer and songwriter.  Look up her cover of the Beetles' "Oh Darling", for example.

After I got done with watching The Boy Who Cried Werewolf, I attempted to get ready for the trunk or treat.  Of course, in the middle of getting ready, I was advised that it was postponed to Wednesday afternoon.  That pretty much left me with nothing much to do until Wednesday.

Moving on to Wednesday, I had work in the morning, and after I got home from that, I got ready for the trunk or treat.  That was a very good experience since I got to hang out with some of my friends from Best Buddies.  I got to talk to some of my friends, including a kind of new friend that I made recently who I think is really cool named Victoria. Not Victoria Justice, they just share the same given name.  I also got to share some ideas for this blog and let them know what I'm doing with it.  

Only negative point was that by the end of the night, I felt like I destroyed my ankles.  Between walking and standing at work and at the Trunk or Treat, that's what probably did the damage.  Also, I do have to admit that my friend Victoria can out run me walking--in high heels.  She was also able to easily run in them.  Of course, I'm like the most out of shape person I know, so I was already at a disadvantage there.  But never the less, I just wanted to point that out.  Even with that, I still had a lot of fun and got to hang out with people.

On Thursday I worked in the afternoon, and did a bit of a walk around part of Kingwood Center after work.  In this case, it was with the Richland Newhope Recreation Department.  All I did was walk around the Halloween light display there.  I was still smarting all day with my ankle pain, but it was still worth it to get out of the house and burn some calories.  

On Friday, I had gotten over my ankle aches, and got my paycheck from work.  It was there that I decided to implement a plan for making some good Tex-Mex food.  That actually started on I believe Sunday or Monday when I tried some already made burritos from Walmart.  Not impressed, to say the least.  I originally wanted to try Chipotle on Friday, but when I had an order put in to see how their mobile app worked and approximate costs, I was like, "no, maybe I should try Taco Bell".  Chipotle is great, but pretty pricey depending on what you get, and certainly more expensive than Taco Bell, which I love, actually.

But I also decided to make my own kinda like soft taco/burrito/quesadilla items, that will be filled with seasoned sauce, chicken breasts and cheese.  I already make my own fried chicken breasts, and I also love to make like pork roasts and pot roasts, and even whole turkeys when they get discounted post Thanksgiving/Christmas.  

So that's what I've been up to this week, and tomorrow or Monday I might be writing about my personal recommendations for Halloween-stuff like TV shows and such you may (or may not) like. As hinted, you may or may not like my recommendations or be indifferent to them, but it stuff that I do find kinda "Halloweeney".  

Also, I did hint in the title of a previous post that I have an update on my home theater/TV stuff.  I've been looking at replacing my living room TV with a bigger one that's also got better performance.  The bigger TV deal really got driven home when I was watching The Boy Who Cried Werewolf on Monday.  I had to stand like 6 feet away from the TV to clearly see what was going on.  I know that my vision isn't the best, but it doesn't help when you have a 32" TV when you're sitting like 10-12 feet away from it.

Anyways, I've settled on, if I can find it, an LG 49 inch UM7300.  I've read a lot of very good reviews on it, it's withing my desired budget, and it's much, much bigger and probably brighter than the current LG 32 inch we have in our living room.  I've also had some pretty good luck and results with LG TVs, though all we've had is like 720p TVs.  The 49 inch is also a 4K HD TV.  And one thing that the UM7300 shines at it watching TV shows, sports and movies in bright rooms, which, especially at night because of the overhead light, and during the day especially in summer, our living room is pretty bright.

So that's what I've been up to and sorted out.  Today, I'm looking forward to making my chicken Tex-Mex wraps and maybe talking to one or two people at least.

Everyone have a good one :)



No comments:

Post a Comment