Friday, October 25, 2019

Best Buddies Inclusion Walk

Hi everyone.

After getting some sleep after I got back from Columbus (I was up since 4:30 this morning), I'm now ready to share my thoughts on this day.

I have to admit that today started out slow. Partly because I was tired and being in a mass of people is still a bit overwhelming to me (I do have ASD). However, once things settled down, I did start to talk with some people.

First of all, you might be wondering what exactly I'm talking about. This is probably the first thing I should've brought up. I know that I've probably mentioned it several times, but it was the Best Buddies Inclusion Walk. However, I don't think I went into detail about what it was. It was a gathering and a short walk to encourage inclusion and socialization. It has been held in Columbus every year since Best Buddies had operated in Ohio, though this was my first attendance.

Getting back to what I was doing there, I did start to socialize with some people there. I did start to talk to a new chapter member named Victoria (not my celeb/woman crush, they just happen to share the same name). I also got to talk pretty extensively to a friend I made recently named Mercedes at the event and on our way back. And both Victoria and Mercedes plan on being at the Best Buddies/OSU trunk or treat on the 21st (though I have no idea what they plan on doing if there's bad weather).

So I had a pretty good day. Tomorrow I might make a post asking what content you guys who are following me would want to see on this page going forward.

Everyone have a good one

No comments:

Post a Comment