Saturday, November 30, 2019

Hi--New Post

Hi everyone.

Finally a new post.  About freakin' time, I know.  I've just been really busy, and for those of you who know me from Facebook, I've also recently been in a lot of pain.

On November 20th, I had a wisdom tooth extracted.  Since then I've been in varying, but often time, significant  pain.   I thought that I had an infection or dry socket.  I went back to my dentist last Wednesday (day before Thanksgiving) to look at it.  He says that it's healing fine, but it'll take a while to heal completely because of how big a hole got left in my mouth.  I'm also a diabetic and diabetics often take longer to heal from bleeding injuries or bruises.  

That said, nothing much helped my pain, not even Aleve did the trick.  And because of opioid addiction being a big problem, the Mansfield area being no exception, the dentist didn't prescribe me anything, and when he did, it was an antibiotic, not pain meds.  I've since been using an off the shelf oral anesthetic/antibiotic and ibuprofen.  Both seem to be working much better and I've been in much less pain the past couple of days.  

I'll still probably see my dentist again if things don't improve significantly with healing in the next few days.  Right now most of the pain/irritation is in the right side of the socket where the wisdom tooth was, just behind the tooth ahead of that wisdom tooth.  That's what I'll tell him to look into.

Now on to more pleasant stuff.  Thanksgiving was great, I'm a year older now, I have left overs and bought plenty of sugar free candy at Walmart yesterday.  

Also, as doubtlessly several of my friends know, I'm actually pretty interested in women's nail art and them doing their nails.  I've always been kinda fascinated by that and women's fashion in general.

Full disclosure, I did crush on Victoria Justice because she's very positive, cheerful, peppy and stuff I wish I was more of.  However, if I were a woman, she'd be my fashion muse, too.  Not her fancy dresses she wears to events, but her everyday style.  She's a T-shirt, jeans and sneakers girl most of the time when she's not attending a public event or doing filming.  I'd probably dress like she did for her dance rehearsal vids I posted from Victoria's YouTube page that I posted on my FB timeline.  Which, basically, was a tank top. workout sweatpants and sneakers.  

That being said, even Victoria can make something as mundane as that look ultra glamorous LOL.  And VJ has always been interested in doing her nails and such, even though she's also for the most part pretty low maintenance.   She probably got that interest from her late grandmother Libby, who was a Puerto Rican immigrant who lived in New York City and was a nail tech.  So I guess it can be said that runs in the family.

So that's what has been going on with me and what I wanted to write about today.

Everyone have a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment