Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Hi--What I've Been Up To the Past 6 Months

Hi everyone.  I know that the last time I posted something here was about 6 months ago.  In that time between Covid, social unrest, and other things that were depressing and upsetting to me, I battled a lot of off and on depression and tried to focus on keeping occupied since I was stuck at home so much.

Over the past few weeks, however, some wonderful things have actually happened to me.  A couple of Saturdays ago, my friend Angie had me over to her new apartment in Columbus.  I wasn't able to stay the whole day, because neither of us was feeling that good, but it was a start.

Last Friday, I got to hang out with my friend Victoria and her friend Colton, and I got to make a new friend as a result.  I've been talking to more friends and such recently, too.  That's good from my POV, given that for a while I felt like I was getting oddly misanthropic.   For a while, I was feeling so socially shut off, I was wondering what the point of reaching out was.  But at least the last few weeks have changed that.

It's also changed my attitude towards this blog.  I neglected it because either I thought no one would want to read about me being pissed off at the world and seeing either red (anger) or blue (depression), or just being freakin' boring.

Now I actually have a wide range of topics I'd like to write about that I've developed in recent weeks.  Things such as items concerning owls, weather, cars/racing and history/armed forces tech, and even video gaming (casual retro-gamer, nothing big, though).

Hence, I'd actually like to know what you guys would like for me to talk about.  You can post comments here or on my Facebook post where I'll be posting a link.

Near future blogs will likely concern owls and a project involving an armed forces service rifle that's a general showing of how not to engineer anything that you intend to work right.  The latter started out pretty well, but progressively went down the tubes until, at the lowest point, outsiders who knew how to engineer the device properly, quickly reversed the project's fortunes seemingly overnight just by the proper attention to detail.

I hope that you guys will enjoy what I have coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment